Monday, November 5, 2018

Negativity Negates Progress

Negativity Negates Progress

Where do I start
Where do I begin
I'm trying even harder
But I don't think this ever will end

His suffering's behind him
But not when it comes to me
He's living with his abuser
He's haunted by those memories

I have to say
That I've done wrong
If I'm wrong about this
What if I've been wrong all along

It IS my fault
I shouldn't have been with those men
If I'd have had half a backbone
It wouldn't have happened again

If only I'd been obedient
In the first place
I wouldn't have been so scarred
Left with so many lines on this face

They say I was a kid
I didn't know any better
But that's not true
Otherwise I wouldn't have tried to keep it secret whatsoever

But now I'm all grown up
Yet I feel like a petulant child
Maybe there's something to the whole BPD thing
Cuz I've felt this way all the while

This is no pity party
I'm just so sorry...

No comments:

Post a Comment