Sunday, September 2, 2012

That Sound

The memories flood in
Will they ever end?
A single sound is all it takes
and then my heart aches...

Doesn't matter what I'm doing
or where I might be
The disgust and fear consume me

Anger then takes over
Takes forever to recover
The shame I feel is haunting
to speak of it is daunting

Chaos then ensues
My emotions are battered and bruised

I can't forgive them
Why should I
Even for my own good
How could I

Even though we've discussed it at length
They still don't know how it's scarred me
Why couldn't they just protect me
Why couldn't the men just leave me be

It's a daily occurrence to hear that sound
You'd think I'd just get used to it
But the second it enters my ear
I'm transported right back there

Right back to that time
Right back to that place
Where I'd have to see his disgusting face

I long for that day in Paradise
When it won't come into heart or be called to mind
I feel that I can't keep going on
But I know now that it won't be long

I'll have peace of mind
I'll be home-free
Then noone will ever again hurt me

No comments:

Post a Comment